Redefining Physical Media in Medical Diagnostics
The pioneer in CD/DVD publishing: Media Burner
For many years, Media Burner, previously known as Perennity DICOM, has been our cornerstone product for CD/DVD publishing. It enjoys an impressive global presence with thousands of licenses, and it continues to serve many hospitals and clinics worldwide.
Versatile media and robotic systems support
Media Burner facilitates the production of CDs, DVDs, and USB keys, typically in combination with a robotic system for combined recording and printing. We support all major brands like Rimage, Epson, Primera, including semi-automated USB production systems like Rimage RX400M.
The Hybrid Solution: Integration with Patient Portal
The combination of Media Burner with our Patient/Referrer portal option offers a unique hybrid publishing solution, where a patient can choose whether he wants to receive a CD/DVD (or USB key) or prefers to access his studies via the web portal with integrated viewer. From the portal, the patient can still download selected studies in DICOM or JPEG format, with or without viewer. He can also easily share studies with other medical experts (e.g. physiotherapist, second opinion).
Zero Footprint Viewer
Each produced disc comes with a selected zero-footprint portable viewer, enabling users to directly consult the study images from the disc. Diagnostic reports can be included and accessed in a similar manner. For those concerned with media security, media encryption is available as an option.
Adaptable Workflow Profiles
Media Burner allows for diverse workflow scenarios such as emergency discs, anonymous discs, dedicated modality viewers and more, through its flexible profiles functionality.
Efficiency and Customizability
Media Burner offers both attended (manual) and unattended (fully automatic) processing. It supports query/retrieve from any existing PACS, allows for highly customizable label design and multi-target output.
- Media Burner provides healthcare organizations with a turnkey solution to output medical images from any digital modality and PACS to a CD, DVD or USB key, dramatically reducing costs compared to traditional film.
- Combined with iMAGE Portal, Media Burner acts as a genuine DICOM server that stores medical images for subsequent analysis.
- Combined with our Patient/Referrer Portal, you have a hybrid solution where you can choose a preferred output: CD/DVD/USB and/or web portal.
- Media Burner allows users to define profiles based on chosen criteria, such as the type of modality, its AE title, the value of a DICOM tag, etc. Different rules can then be applied, such as using a specific viewer for a certain modality type, anonymizing all images, or prioritizing the production for emergency cases. Profiles can be sorted by priority if they overlap.
- Media Burner supports CD/DVD autoloaders (robots) to automate the production, and at the same time personalize the media with a custom label, such as patient name and identifier, date and time, list of studies, etc. Images and logos can be added to embellish the printout, and almost any DICOM-compliant viewer can be added to the disk.
- For USB media, an identifying label can be printed on a small label printer.
- Media Burner’s intuitive user interface is accessible from any web browser on any platform (Windows, MAC, Linux).
- Studies can be queried and retrieved from a PACS and then output to CD/DVD or USB keys. Alternatively studies can be sent directly from a modality or workstation to Media Burner.